Choosing the Right Cash Home Buyer in the DMVIf you are selling your house in the DMV, then you may want to consider letting a cash home buyer look at your home. These are the people that post the signs that say, ?We buy houses in any condition? or ?We buy houses for cash.? When you work with a local house investor, you eliminate the time and money it takes to list your house on the market and go through a realtor.
An investor can do a quick walkthrough, make a fast cash offer within 24 to 48 hours, and close on the sale within a few weeks. You can get cash-in-hand in as little as 30 days. What are the best companies that buy houses as-is in the DMV? What should you look for in a local cash home buyer? Let?s take a closer look below.
1. Choose a Local House Investor in the DMV AreaOnce you start selling your house, you may receive flyers in the mail that say, ?We Buy Houses.? You may also receive a phone call or an email from an investor that gives you an offer without looking at your house. Chances are, these investors saw your listing online, crunched a few numbers, and decided to reach out.
However, many of them are national investors who are looking to flip a house and make a quick profit. They don?t know the DMV area, they don?t understand the local real estate market, and they definitely don?t know your particular situation. A better option is to choose a local cash home buyer in the DMV.
A local buyer will take a vested interest in your situation and your property. An investor will make a fair cash offer based on a healthy percentage of your property?s value. They will not try to take advantage of you with a low offer that you can?t work with. A local investor knows the residents in this area and understands the needs of sellers.
2. Look at Reviews and TestimonialsA company that buys houses works with lots of sellers. Looking at what previous sellers have to say about working with an investor can make a difference in which company you choose. Therefore, try to look for testimonials and reviews from previous property owners.
Where are the best places to find reviews?
- Google my business
- Better Business Bureau
- Social media sites
- Realtor sites
- Angie?s List
When looking at reviews, it is important that you find reviews that are authentic, objective, and honest. Don?t just look for rants or cheerleading from reviewers. Instead, try to find in-depth reviews that tell you more about the seller?s experience. For instance:
Good Seller ReviewJohn helped me get through the selling process without any problems. He was on time, kept his promises, and gave me a good offer on the home. I didn?t have to pay a dime, and I got the house sold in only a few weeks.
Seller Review That Needs WorkI recommend John. He was really nice. If you?re in the DMV area, then call him. You?ll probably get to sell your house for a good deal.
Seller reviews are important in establishing an investor?s reputation. Therefore, take them seriously and look for the best ones ? good, bad, and ugly.
The Investor Can Save You Time and MoneyThe whole point of working with a house investor is to get out of your house as quickly as possible. In order to expedite a sale, you have to avoid all of the usual challenges that arise in a traditional sale. A local house investor should be able to help you in the following ways:
- You avoid closing costs, transactional fees, and realtor commissions.
- You do not have to make renovations or repairs to the house.
- You do not have to list the house on the market.
- You can avoid showing the house to multiple buyers.
- You don?t have to wait several months to sell the house and close.
The Investor Will Buy Your House Regardless of Your SituationOne of the main benefits of selling your house for cash is that you have flexibility. The company purchases property as-is regardless of your current circumstances. An investor works with sellers in all types of situations such as:
|Bankruptcy||Damaged Property||Distressed Property||divorce|
|Downsizing||Foreclosure||Inherited House||Late Payments|
|Probate||Relocating||Rental Properties||Ugly Houses|
They?re not interested in your situation as much as they are buying your home. This takes the pressure off of selling your house. So whether you are going through a foreclosure, divorce, probate, or relocation, you can still sell your house and move on.
Sell My House Fast for Cash in the DMVAt Fortune Homes, we buy houses for cash. Regardless of the condition of your home or your current situation, we can help you sell your house and put cash in your hands in as little as 30 days. Get a fast cash offer by calling 202-918-9600 and scheduling a quick walkthrough with a local cash home buyer.
We buy houses in the following areas: